Saturday 15 April 2017

Wye Knots Quilting and Patchwork Exhibition 2017 - Charity Quilt for Hands Around the World


Wye Knots Patchwork and Quilting Show 2017
Wye Knots Patchwork and Quilting Show 2017
I am part of the Wye Knots Quilting group based in Monmouth, Wales, and we have our exhibition coming up between 20th - 22nd April 2017.  I will have a couple of my quilts on display and if you would like to come and meet me, I will be stewarding on the Thursday.  It is being held in the Shire Hall, Agincourt Square, Monmouth NP25 3DY between 10am- 4pm.
Fundraising Quilt for Hands Around the World
Each year as a group we make a fundraising quilt which will also be on display.  This year it will be heading to Hands Around the World, a charity based in Monmouth, which seeks to help vulnerable children around the world, encouraging enthusiastic and well prepared volunteers to offer practical help, skill sharing, support and friendship.  My role is to quilt it on my long arm quilting machine and for this fun scrappy quilt I used  a pattern with lots of whirls and swirls called Turbulence designed by Apricot Moon.

'Turbulence' pantograph by Apricot Moon
'Turbulence' pantograph by Apricot Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment