Wednesday 22 August 2018

'Labour of Love' Clamshell Quilt made by Jenny Otto, custom quilted by Frances Meredith

Clamshell Quilt made by Jenny,  custom quilted by Frances Meredith
'Labour of Love' Clamshell Quilt made by Jenny,
custom quilted by Frances Meredith
This is Jenny's Clamshell quilt which was on display at the 2018 Festival of Quilts in the Two Person Category.  Whenever I passed it there was always a crowd of people swarming all over it in amazement of her skills.  I really do think that Jenny is a contender for the 'Clamshell Queen' crown.
Clamshell Quilt made by Jenny,  custom quilted by Frances Meredith
Clamshell Quilt made by Jenny, 
custom quilted by Frances Meredith
Jenny asked me to quilt this masterpiece for her, asking for just Stitch in the Ditch around each clamshell.  Although I do have a computerized facility on my APQS Longarm machine, this job needs to be hand-guided, to stitch exactly along the seam line.  I stitched it in Monopoly invisible thread using rulers, so the quilt was all about the Jenny's clamshells and not the quilting.  If you look at the back, you can see my work!
Clamshell Quilt made by Jenny,  custom quilted by Frances Meredith
Clamshell Quilt made by Jenny, 
custom quilted by Frances Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment