Saturday 15 December 2018

Oriental Sampler BOM quilt by Hilary

Oriental Treasures BOM Quilt, made by Hilary. Quilted by Frances Meredith
Oriental Treasures BOM Quilt, made by Hilary.
Quilted by Frances Meredith
I was prompted to put up this post of this lovely quilt made by Hilary, as I have just had delivery of another quilt with the same pattern and fabrics.  It was a BOM kit which I believe was sold through local quilt shops.  If there are two out there, I am sure that there are many more!  The quilt has an oriental flavour and has many fabrics with a gold metallic finish.  I have a Fil-tec Glide thread called Prickly Pear which seems to work perfectly with these metallic fabrics.
Fil-Tec Glide Prickly Pear Thread
Fil-Tec Glide Prickly Pear Thread
We chose a simple quilting pattern called 'Dragonwings' to finish it, which worked well with motifs in the fabric and added a special something to the overall quilt.  I know that both of these quilts had been in cupboards for a while, so I was pleased to help bring them back into circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment