Tuesday 17 March 2020

Margie's colourful quilt, featuring Amusement and Celery green Glide thread

Margie's colourful quilt
Margie's colourful quilt
Happy St Patrick's Day! 
Today I am sharing Margie's lovely bright modern quilt.  Margie sends her quilts to me, I get back in touch with ideas, I quilt it and I send it back to her.  It works!
I tried to find an appropriate green quilt to share today, but instead I am showcasing Glide Celery green thread.  When you have many colours in a quilt like Margie's it is hard to choose which is best colour thread.  In these situations, I usually reach for green thread as it seems to have magical qualities, which blend in with many shades.

'Amusement' quilt design by Sarah Ann Myers
'Amusement' quilt design by Sarah Ann Myers

This is the back of the quilt, showing a fun quilting pattern called 'Amusement', stitched out in Glide Celery thread.  The green is quite pale which shows on the white backing fabric enough to make it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment