Monday 16 November 2020

Novelty November - Christmas Holiday Garland Quilt

'Holiday Wishes' by Sherri Falls
'Holiday Wishes' by Sherri Falls
For Novelty November today I am sharing one of my own quilts which I managed to make over the summer and since I am including Christmas patterns I thought it would fit the bill for today. This quilt is a pattern from 'Holiday Wishes' by Sherri Falls.  I liked the simplicity of the design and wanted a quilt that I could cosy up in over the holidays.  I also had in mind that I wanted to try out a new digital quilting pattern - Holiday Garland designed by Patricia E Ritter, which has holly berries and a swirl.

Holiday Garland designed by Patricia E Ritter
Holiday Garland designed by Patricia E Ritter

I used a neutral thread, so that it did not dominate the front and so it would match the back. You can see from the photograph that I backed it with a plush fleece. so it is really cosy.  This particular one was a double fleece throw I picked up at Wilkinsons, so the fleece did not have any seams in it.

'Holiday Wishes' by Sherri Falls
I like to put something in the middle of my fleece backed quilts and on this occasion it was a thin, low loft polyester, which did not add too much bulk and would keep me warm.  I notice that some people are already putting up their Christmas decorations - so far all I have done is pull this out of the cupboard for use.






No comments:

Post a Comment