Monday 10 July 2017

Doreen's Purple Dresden Plate Quilt

One of the great joys about my job as a long arm quilter is that every day my lovely customers bring me lovely quilts.  Along with the quilt comes a story and it is often accompanied by the number of years that the quilt has been waiting in the cupboard to be quilted. Doreen's striking Dresden Plate quilt is a present for her daughter and as I understand her daughter has been waiting a VERY long time for it.
Doreen has made some lovely quilts over the years, but she reached a point when she decided that she no longer wanted to do the quilting and that was where I was able to help her out. 
We choose an all over digital pantograph design called Birds Eye View which echoed the central design and I even had a variegated thread (Superior Threads Rainbow Crown Jewels #838) which matched perfectly with her fabrics. It looked really smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment