Monday 18 September 2017

Cool Boy's Quilt made by Maria

Quilts for boys
Quilts for boys
Maria has twin grandchildren, a boy and a girl.  She made the quilt for her grandaughter last year, and this year she has been focussed on this fabulous quilt for her grandson.  It is often more tricky to make a quilt for a boy, but I think this pattern and the colours she has chosen look amazing.  It is mainly red, blue and green fabrics, but I noticed a few footballs slipped into some of the blocks.
Quilts for boys
Modern quilt for kids
You can also see that Maria made a scrappy binding for the quilt which I added as part of the service and finishes the quilt off perfectly.
'Modern Curves' digital pantograph designed by Anita Shackleford
'Modern Curves' digital pantograph designed by Anita Shackleford
To finish it off I used a popular digital quilting pattern, Modern Curves, designed by Anita Shackleford. I hope these grandchildren realise how lucky they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment