Thursday 29 October 2020

Carol's Regency Romance Quilt, quilted by Frances Meredith at Fabadashery Longarm Quilting

 

Carol's Nine Patch Quilt quilted with
'Nemesh Feathers' designed by Bethanne Nemesh
Sometimes when a quilt pattern is being stitched out on my APQS longarm quilting machine, I am mesmerised by it and can't resist taking a photo.  This was the case with Carol's nine patch quilt.  She, in turn, had been 'mesmerised' by the elegant Regency Romance Moda fabric collection by Christopher Wilson-Tate, which led her to make this beautiful quilt.

Here I am at it again, it just looked so beautiful - I couldn't resist taking a photo.  Over time my fabric tastes have changed and more recently I have been drawn to softer colours.  As a direct result of quilting this customer quilt I had to make an emergency trip to the Patchwork Basket in Newent, UK, to buy a Regency Romance layer cake for myself!

Carol's Nine Patch Quilt
Carol's Nine Patch Quilt

I think the gentle swirls and feathers of the 'Nemesh Feathers' worked so well with this traditional style quilt.

'Nemesh Feathers' designed by Bethanne Nemesh


No comments:

Post a Comment