Monday 14 November 2016

Nearly Insane Quilt - Visitors Choice at West Country Qult and Textile Show, 2016

'Nearly Insane Quilt', Frances Meredith
'Nearly Insane Quilt', Frances Meredith
It has been a frantically busy week, which has been exhausting, but ended on a high note.  This weekend it was the2016 West Country Quilt and Textile Show held in Bristol.  This is my local show and I had entered my Nearly Insane quilt into the competition.  I wasn't able to get there until the last day and I had heard rumours that it had won a rosette!  Being a local show I find that I don't always get to see much of it as I am always stopping to chat with quilting friends.  Anyway, I finally found my quilt and was pleased to see TWO rosettes - Best Bed Quilt and Best Traditional Patchwork.
'Nearly Insane Quilt', Frances Meredith Best Traditional Patchwork, Best Bed Quilt, Visitors Choice West Country Quilt Show 2016
'Nearly Insane Quilt', Frances Meredith
Best Traditional Patchwork, Best Bed Quilt, Visitors Choice
West Country Quilt Show 2016
It didn't end there.  At the prizegiving I was also given the Visitors Choice award.  Thanks to everyone who voted - it is a real honour to receive this special award.
'Every Last Scrap'  - Best Cushion in Competition West Country Quilt Show 2016
'Every Last Scrap'  - Best Cushion in Competition
West Country Quilt Show 2016
Hang on - don't forget this cushion.  I had this cushion top staring at me in my workroom for over year.  When I saw that there was a cushion competition I thought it would be a great incentive to make it into a finished cushion.  Seven days ago it was still in pieces.  Yesterday, it won a Best Cushion rosette.  This cushion has 338 pieces in it and is made entirely from my scraps.

Happy Days!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Frances. Wonderful quilt and I just love your cushion - off to cut a few scraps😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's no surprise to me because your NI quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!! Many times I visited your blog to take a look at this stunning quilt and I get inspired by it every time. One day I am going to start with it myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--you are really gathering in the ribbons, and they are well deserved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your beautiful work received the recognition that it deserves - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful work and so deserving of many rosettes! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful work and so deserving of many rosettes! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete