Tuesday 29 May 2018

'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt, make by Eirwen. Semi-custom quilting

'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt, make by Eirwen
If you visited Quilts UK, Malvern 2018 you would have seen Eirwen's beautiful 'Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt.  Eirwen used the same colour scheme and pieced the tiny patches perfectly.
'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt, make by Eirwen
'On Ringo Lake' Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt, make by Eirwen

Eirwen asked me to quilt each block separately, rather than an edge to edge pattern which would cover the whole quilt and I am glad she did.  So this is a semi-custom quilt.  Firstly, I stitched in the ditch along the sashing, using a ruler to keep the structure of the quilt.  Then I placed a very simple block pattern, 'Lana's Block', in the centre of each block.  Once this had been done I did a very simple curved ruler pattern in the sashing which seemed to pull the quilt together.  If you have some ideas of how you would like your quilt to be finished, be sure to let me know as I am always try out new things.
Quilt Block designed by Lana Cororan

No comments:

Post a Comment