Tuesday 29 May 2018

Quilts UK, Malvern 2018 - Best Bed Quilt, Best Piecing, Best Sampler Quilt Awards - Dear Jane made by Frances Meredith

Quilts UK, Malvern 2018 - 
The last few months have been really busy, not only helping my customers to complete their quilts to show at the Quilts UK, Malvern 2018, but also adding the final touches to my Dear Jane quilt which I have been hand piecing since 2015.  I did the final stitches on the scalloped border just the day before I delivered it to the show!  As you can see the effort was all worthwhile as I was successful in receiving awards for Best Bed Quilt, Best Piecing Award and Best Sampler Quilt, as well as a Judges Choice certificate.
 Dear Jane quilt made by Frances Meredith
 Dear Jane quilt made by Frances Meredith
Yes, the quilt top is hand pieced using English Paper Piecing, but I relied on my APQS longarm quilting machine to custom quilt it, stitching in the ditch of every piece and designing my own pattern for the edge triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment